Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Warmth

Finally, a (relatively) warm day! The ice is all melted, and the thermometer read 43 degrees when I woke up at 5:35 today. I decided to forgo the long-sleeve jacket and gloves, running just in tights, a long-sleeved shirt and t-shirt. It had rained last night, so the streets were wet, but there weren't too many puddles.

The plan was to run into town, meet up with the DART group for a fast 6.3 miles, then have coffee with Chad and jog home, a total of 9 miles.

Rodney was the only one joining me for the DART run, and we started out quickly: 7:42, 7:45, 7:39. Then we hit the first major hill and slowed to 7:57. Mile 5 was even hillier and yesterday's medium-length run was beginning to catch up with me, 8:12. Then Rodney split off and I made a real effort to keep the pace up: 8:03 for mile 6. Overall, about a 7:50 pace, which is okay, but I would like to have kept up the earlier pace to the end. Then I met up with Chad, who is recovering from a stress fracture and didn't want to run with the group. After coffee, he joined me for a slow run to my house, then he completed the loop on his own. So I did a total of 9 miles, 2.7 at an easy pace, and 6.3 all-out. A good workout, made especially nice because I didn't have to bundle up.

Garmin

No comments:

Post a Comment